International candidates

Working in Australia

If you want to find work in Australia as an international candidate, you need to have a valid work permit. This permit may be obtained through citizenship, residence, or one of the following visas.

Working holiday visa

The working holiday visa enables holders to stay in Australia for up to 12 months and to work with an employer for up to 6 months. This visa is for applicants aged 18-30 from countries that have an arrangement with Australia.

Skilled visa

Workers with skills that are essential to Australia can apply for a skilled visa. You should contact the relevant state authorities for your trade or practice for further information.

Short-stay business visa

The short-stay business visa allows business people to visit Australia for up to 3 months to conduct negotiations, attend conferences or find opportunities. A provisional business visa can be obtained for up to 4 years.

Student visa

Students can study and live in Australia with a student visa. In some circumstances, you may also be eligible to work if certain conditions are met. Any of Australia’s tertiary institutions should be able to assist you with further information.

Business migration program visa

This program is designed to give business people a trial period before they settle in Australia. Investors, owners, senior executives, and business talent sponsored by the government can apply.

If need help applying for a work permit or visa, you should contact an immigration agentIf you already have the right to work in Australia, click the button below to explore our current vacancies.

International candidates | Working in Australia