SMYL Community College currently has campuses based in Kwinana, Rockingham and Mandurah. SMYL is an independent, Curriculum and Re-engagement in Education (CARE) School catering for students in year 9 – 12 students who have disengaged from mainstream education.
SMYL is looking for highly motivated teachers with a passion for teaching and learning, to work across these sites, commencing straight away. Both primary and secondary trained teachers will be considered.
This is a professionally challenging and rewarding position. The students at SMYL typically have a poor record of participation and/or achievement in their preceding year(s) at school.
You will work with a dedicated team of professionals including trainers, psychologists, youth workers and career counsellors to collaboratively develop an education and personal development program based on each student’s Personal Learning Plan.
Applicants should address the following selection criteria and show that you have:
- demonstrated aptitude/experience in working and engaging with at-risk young people;
- the ability to combine education, training (VET) and other endorsed programs;
- the ability to work collaboratively in a small, multi-disciplinary team;
- a current TRBWA registration; and,
- a current Working with Children Check.
You will be very highly regarded if you also have:
- additional areas of personal interests or professional experience relevant to the educational and personal development of our students eg. Cert IV TAE, training/experience, experience in using IT to enrich classroom learning, experience/training in LLN/TESOL/CELTA;
- a current driver’s licence (LR/MR [bus] licence an advantage);
- first aid, surf life savers or similar certificates.
Please note: We will be interviewing as we receive applications.
Applications should be addressed in writing to:
Human Resources - SMYL Community College, 56 Marine Terrace, Fremantle WA 6160 or emailed to: email@example.com