Your new position will include, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Attend building service breakdown calls when necessary.
- Provide fully itemized and accurate service report covering works performed and materials used during service calls in a timely manner ensuring closure of all jobs on completion.
- Provide fully itemized and accurate reports covering further works and/or materials required following service call or maintenance in a timely manner.
- Liaise and coordinate with building management on all matters pertaining to air conditioning and controls.
- Coordinate with technicians on workflow and arrange coverage on all jobs.
- Quote on client work when required.
- Read reports and respond accordingly.
- Arrange ordering of parts and coordinate installation with support technicians.
- Assist with the induction process of technicians as required by building management.
- Complete all site log file and client specific documentation prior to leaving site each day.
- Advise manager of any work that has fallen behind schedule and notify client.
- Contact the service coordinator and with hours on completed works and daily labour requirements.
- Ensure regular maintenance inspections are performed on specified plant and equipment in accordance with specifications and statutory law.
- Advise manager of any shortfall in allotted maintenance inspection hours or site-specific issues.
- Advise manager of any damage and/or failure of company tooling or motor vehicles.
- Ensure all site plant rooms and serviced areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Any other duties reasonably requested from time to time.
- Supervision and training of apprentices, trades assistants, technicians and subcontractors.
- Directly supervise employees in the service and maintenance division. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and applicable law. Responsibilities include training employees, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems under the guidance of AMS.
- Exercises line Authority over all allocated service field labour.
- Ensure that procedures and methods used in the maintenance of equipment are carried out in accordance with quality, Environmental Health / occupational health and customer contractual conditions.
- Ensure all reports contract records site logbooks group maintenance programs accident reports and time sheets are completed and submitted as company policies/procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensure annual audit reports and safety tests are carried out on all relevant equipment.
- Co-ordinates and supervise all works related to modernisations and upgrades and mini projects.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, government inspectors and others associated with the company business.
- Ensure those company vehicles tools equipment and materials are correctly maintained and kept in safe working order.
- Be available to answer phone calls at all times.
You - Must have current licences:
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Restricted Electrical Licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Drivers Licence
- Police Clearance
Your Previous experience
- Design – ensure all mechanical and controls modifications are as per design.
- Problem solving – Identify issues, analyse information and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs (including service and assistance) and manage difficult situations.
- Written & Oral communication – able to articulate in various situations and strong spelling and grammatical skills.
- Leadership & staff management – provide regular performance feedback, develop skills, encourage growth and other staff related duties. Delegate work duties to staff, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
- Quality assurance – ensuring quality is improved where possible
Cost management – working within set budgets and contribute to profits
- Compliance with organisation values – work ethically and with integrity taking diversity into account
- Administrative duties – ensure duties are completed in a timely manner
- Strong organisational skills – goal setting, developing action plans and ensure these are carried through
- Professionalism - Takes responsibility for ones own actions and able to work under pressure
- Adherence to company OHS&E procedures and use of equipment
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Accurate time management and punctuality – especially for meetings
- Able to work autonomously and in a team
- IT – Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
Our client is a privately owner company specialising in commercial and industrial air conditioning services. This position if based within the maintenance and service sector across a number of industries. This position is based in the CBD and includes a phone, site laptop, uniforms and remote access.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.