Your Potential Employer
SMYL Community Services, a registered charity and leading education and training provider, is inviting applications from experienced community workers for delivery of the ParentsNext programme. ParentsNext is a pre-employment programme funded by the Commonwealth Government.
The Participation Plan Officer will help parents of young children to plan and prepare for employment in ways that draw on local resources.
SMYL is currently seeking staff in the following sites:
Bunbury: Full Time
Busselton: Full Time and Part Time
Narrogin: Part Time
Merredin: Part Time
Moora: Part Time
Northam: Part Time
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- High level of skill in or knowledge of education and/or vocational skills training.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues facing young families.
- High level of knowledge of child care services.
- High level of knowledge of work-readiness and job search practices.
- Experience in coaching, training and supervising persons.
- Qualifications or relevant experience in delivering social work or a related field.
- Demonstrated awareness of contemporary issues facing Aboriginal people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working With Children and National Police Checks (or able to obtain).
- Current drivers licence essential.
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of or skills in:
- Proven ability to meet set performance targets and Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience working in government funded programme environment.
- Knowledge and application of contemporary EEO, OS&H, anti-discrimination and privacy issues.
- Experience in the delivery of nationally accredited training.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the above criteria, please specify which location you are applying for and if you are seeking Full or Part Time with an up to date resume to:
SMYL Community Services
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org