Reporting directly to the State Manager, the successful candidate needs to enhance relationships with existing clients and develop new business. This person will be responsible for looking after the Perth North Metropolitan and Regional South Western Australia sector. Based fully on the road, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Account Management (90%)
- Maintain, service and develop the existing distribution network and partners;
- Identify, develop and coordinate strategies that will develop the enhance business;
- Providing existing accounts with new product range releases;
- Identify market opportunities for distributors;
- Ensuring clients stores, branches and distributors are well stocked, serviced, maintain the displays, advise of promotions, and provide regular product training;
- Maintain regular communication with distributors / business partners i.e visits and 12 month call plans; and
- Provide assistance to clients including inspection, if possible repair, to failed products whilst visiting.
New Business (10%)
- Promoting and marketing of the company to end user business;
- Promoting and marketing to new businesses; and
- Follow up on leads generated through advertisements, referrals or by other means.
Other Duties include
- Attend trade shows, field days and trade nights with distributors, locally and nationally, including utilising of marketing aids (posters, mats, signs and display stands);
- Contribute to State Meetings and submit monthly reporting information;
- Manage expenses responsibly and professionally; and
- Organise and assist with joint calls with distributors.
We expect you will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Solid experience in a B2B or B2C Automotive sales position (3 years experience minimum)
- Exposure to hoists and wheel servicing equipment would be advantageous however not essential although, the candidate must be mechanically minded
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office - Excel and Word
- Able to travel intrastate 1 week per month
- Able to travel interstate when required
- Able to work out of hours including nights and weekends when required
- Professionally presented
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record
- Able to provide a clean police clearance
The package will consist of:
- An attractive base salary
- Company vehicle which is fully maintained
- Tools of the trade i.e laptop/tablet and phone
Your Potential Employer
Our client is a family owned company which has a range of products servicing a number of sectors throughout Australia and New Zealand. Their long term staff members provide a wealth of knowledge and support. They are a long established company with 130 staff nationally who are flexible. Our client is seeking a proactive account manager with business development to join them on a permanent full time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for looking after the Perth North Metropolitan and Regional South Western Australia sectors.
Please attach a cover letter along with a current CV.
Please note that only Australian / New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents should apply for this position.