SMYL Community Services, a registered charity and leading education and training provider, is inviting applications from potential candidates to deliver training for the Certificate II in Hairdressing and Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics.
The courses are designed to develop workplace readiness for the hairdressing and retail industries.
The programmes deliver training to 15-25 year old people who are at-risk and who are actively seeking employment.
The successful candidate/s will need to demonstrate:
- Certificate III or a Certificate IV qualification in Hairdressing
- At least three years fulltime employment experience as a hairdresser in a salon environment
- Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
- Experience delivering VET training to disengaged Youth
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - TAE 40110
- Current industry currency and competency
- Working With Children Card
- Current drivers licence
The successful candidate/s will ideally have experience in:
- Working with disengaged youth
- Effective behaviour management techniques
- Delivering innovative and engaging accredited training
Applications including a cover letter addressing the above criteria, with an up to date resume:
SMYL Community Services
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate that it is for the Hairdressing and Retail Cosmetics Trainer position.