Your new position as a Funeral Consultant will include the following duties:
- A willingness to go beyond colleagues’ and customers’ expectations
- Liaising with families or individuals to arrange or pre-arrange funerals
- Promoting the company's products, maintaining a commercial awareness of individual circumstances
- Ensure that family/individual needs are identified and met
- Overlooking the smooth running of a funeral, managing all activities and attending to the needs of family members
- Funeral conducting: leading funeral staff and supporting family and mourners
- Ensuring documents and details relating to the arrangement of the funeral are accurate and compliant with all legislative requirements
- Participate in the after hours arranging standby roster
- Offering assistance at after hours viewings and rosaries
To be successful for this role you will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Verifiable experience working with people of all ages
- Experience managing a team and/or resources
- Physically fit and ability to remain professional
- Respect for cultural diversity and religious traditions and rituals
- Professionally presented
- Good problem solver - able to think on your feet
- High attention to detail
- Flexible with working hours and open to overtime work
- Valid and clean WA driver's license
- Current National Police Clearance issued by the WA Police
Your Potential Employer
The funeral industry can be one of the most fulfilling and rewarding careers.
Our client is one of WA’s most respected and professional family funeral directors. They truly believe in providing a personalised and caring service to support families in creating loving and final tributes for their loved ones across all faiths and cultures. This commitment has resulted in their highly reputable presence within WA’s local community.
The organisation is currently looking for the right person to join this family company as a Funeral Consultant.
Please note that only Australian / New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents should apply for this position.
“I like working in a caring and supportive workplace which prides itself on service, whilst also doing the job I love it’s so nice to be able to make a difference to those I serve.” - Samya, current employee
“My profession is so rewarding making a difficult day for families a little easier for them to manage.” - Paula, current employee