Your Potential Employer
SMYL Community Services is a not-for-profit community based organisation seeking a Field Officer/Mentor to work with Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal School Based Trainees.
The successful applicant will manage a caseload of School-Based Trainees.
- Recruit, monitor and mentor school-based trainees
- Establish training agreements with employers, trainees and their families
- Liaise with Employers, Trainees, Schools and families
- Maintain clear and concise record management
- Promote the ASBT/SBT Program to employers, students and schools
- Work in accordance with Group Training Organisation standards
- Completed basic competencies related to accredited Mentoring Training, or have completed an accredited Mentoring qualification
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated awareness of contemporary issues facing Aboriginal people
- Current Working With Children check and driver’s licence
- Experience working with young people
- Experience working within the education and/or training sector
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. Please forward resumes with a covering letter as soon as possible. Position to commence immediately.
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
SMYL Community Services
56 Marine Terrace
FREMANTLE WA 6160
For further information or to discuss this position please contact HR on: 08 9430 4921.