The current Commercial Manager retires at the end of 2018 after many years of service and our client is now looking for a replacement commencing early November.
Reporting to the Managing Director (Australia) the key responsibilities of this role are to handle the day to day financial function of the company, consisting of daily bookkeeping to providing strategic reporting to the MD and the European head office.
Your new position will include, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue quotes to customers for spare parts and maintenance services and process follow up purchase orders.
- Assist Managing Director with preparation of tenders and with contract negotiations; and
- Manage company HR matters including contracts for new employees.
- General Bookkeeping including AR, AP and bank reconciliation etc. through MYOB (this position is solely responsible for the finance function of the company).
- Manage payroll system and prepare EFT salary transfers (fortnightly) and prepare and issue payroll summaries to staff.
- Prepare and distribute to Directors:
* Month-end reports;
* Annual business plan and profit (re)forecasts; and
* Consolidated financial report.
- Lodge monthly Business Activity Statements.
- Prepare and lodge company tax return and FBT return (annual).
- Prepare Consolidated financial report (annual).
- Manage ASIC requirements – inclusive of annual return and changes to company directors etc.
- Take out FEC (fx hedges) for receipts and payments in foreign currency as required.
- Liaise with and manage annual external financial audit.
- Manage the insurance programme; and
- General administrative duties.
- Prepare reports for board meetings; and
- Participating in board meetings, make board presentations and take minutes of meetings.
This is a standalone role with broad responsibilities (horizontally and vertically) due to the size of the Australian organisation. This is a position that would suit an experienced, strategic yet hands-on Commercial Manager with a sound understanding of financial management, tender negotiation and HR.
You may have a background from a large commercial enterprise but could equally come from a smaller construction, mining or manufacturing company (or similar). To be successful in this role you will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Qualified CA/CPA or equivalent with a broad commercial exposure.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen including experience with customer quotation, tender preparation and contract negotiations.
- General HR management experience and capable of advising the MD in relation to such matters; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the German language would be advantageous
Our client is a modern, high-tech German family-run (fourth generation) manufacturing company. Their main product is design, manufacture and maintenance roller presses for various process related tasks performed within the fertilizer, cement, minerals and metalworking industries.
They are regarded as one of the world’s leading specialists in the manufacture and supply of machinery and plants for processing of briquetting, compaction and comminution. The company is located North of Perth and employs approximately 10 staff.
The Managing Director Australia reports directly to the German head office.
Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.