Your Potential Employer
SMYL Community College is a Curriculum and Re-engagement in Education School, seeking the services of a Clinical Psychologist for our College in Rockingham and Mandurah.
The College caters specifically for young people aged 14-17 years, who have disengaged or are at-risk of disengaging from mainstream education. The College offers a full-time alternative education program under the School Education Act 1999.
The College aims to provide an inclusive and supportive learning community that offers an alternative approach to education and training for young people who are at risk of missing out on opportunities due to their home life, health and/or other issues.
Duties will include:
- Appraisal of clients and both group and individual therapy programmes.
- Perform psychological assessments to appraise clients.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Develop and extend own professional knowledge.
- Provide supervision.
- Provide advice and training on psychological matters to colleagues.
- Liaise with community agencies regarding management of clients.
- Maintain client records and statistical data.
- Accredited Masters, Doctorate or equivalent degree in Psychology from an AHPRA approved programme or equivalent.
- General Registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, with an endorsement in clinical psychology.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other health professionals and external agencies both on individual patient management matters and on general service issues.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety and Health, and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- Current drivers licence.
- Evidence of current full registration by the PBA (to be maintained).
- Completion of 100 point identification check.
- Completion of criminal record screening clearance.
- Completion of reference/integrity check.
- Working with Children check.
Please forward resumes with a covering letter.
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com