We are looking for a top salesperson - a hunter and a farmer to sell directly to the mining companies as well as being able to manage interstate distributors.
Our client is willing to pay for a top performer, so we are looking for someone special. We expect you to tick some of these boxes:
- B2B sales experience - mining industry
- A mechanical (e.g. engineering) or fabrication trade background with on-site experience in maintenance of various mining equipment.
- Ability to work away from a home base.
- Capacity to sell to mining companies/mining contractors or have set up a distribution network of capital or disposable mining products.
- A hunger for new business development.
- Advantageous - Experience in mining wear consumable sales and product support, along with a good understanding of tracking and monitoring of similar products.
This is not a high volume client acquisition or a traditional transactional sales job. We expect you to deliver 2-4 new clients within the 1st year of employment.
Client profiles you will be chasing:
- Mining companies - Iron ore and coal mines
- Distributors - selling to the mining companies
- Mine site maintenance managers, procurement staff and sales distributors
New client acquisition channels:
- Phone, emails and face to face with clients on site as well as Procurement Officers
- Attend and make presentations at conferences - build relationships and cold call primary decision maker
You will be the key point of contact for all customer related inquiries within Australia.
This position also has the opportunity to develop international sales.
Our client is an established wear parts consumables manufacturing company priding itself on delivering quality wear parts to the Australian mining industry.
The wear plates are manufactured in Asia and imported to Australia through their own local import subsidiary in WA. Their aim is to increase their market share within the Australian Iron Ore and Coal mining companies.
The client has one sales representative in Australia, however, this representative is retiring in 2019 after 10+ years in this role.
You will report to the Vice President of Sales at the head office.