Ace your interview
Fill out the form for your free download.
You'll be on your way to mastering your interviews very soon!
Submit Your CV
What does it take to land your dream job?
If you are dreaming about it, it is fair to say that other people are dreaming about it also. If you see an opportunity, other people can also see it. Therefore you will always have competition. Who will get that dream job in the end? In my experience, it is often the High Achiever.
What does it take to become a High Achiever? In other words, what does a good candidate look like?
Here are my six top traits
- 1High Achievers are action focused. While actions may sometimes lead to failure, High Achievers see this as an opportunity to learn. When they fail, they pick themselves back up and are not shy about trying again. Candidates often succeed on their second attempt and that success gives them confidence. Confidence to expand their boundaries and achieve even more. Do not be afraid of doing things because you may fail. More is learned from failure than success.
- 2Behavioural fit. Most people prefer to work with people they like. I do, and I am sure you do too. While most candidates are set in their ways, High Achievers are able to adapt their style to fit in with other people and teams. They can work with almost anyone. For me, behavioural flexibility is an important trait.
- 3High Achievers have a positive attitude. Employees who come to work fresh and energetic every day outproduce staff who think negatively and are easily burnt-out on encountering difficulties or defeat. Upbeat and optimistic employees look for a way out from even the most difficult of situations. High Achievers often create a working environment that is uniquely positive and other people enjoy working with them.
- 4High Achievers possess integrity. An employee can have every talent in the world but without integrity, nothing great will be accomplished.
- 5High Achievers are detail focused. Attention to detail is crucial in business. When attention to detail is lacking, mistakes are made. The devil is always in the detail. Detail-focused people take pride in their work; they dot the “i’s”, cross the “t’s”, and get the job done with quality.
- 6High Achievers never stop learning. They pursue knowledge and skills and they stay relevant and competitive. The world is moving, and they are moving with it.
We believe that attitude is a key ingredient in making someone a high achiever. Skills are important, but from my perspective, they are not in the top six. Consequently, while most people can become a High Achiever, very few are. The reason being that few people make the effort to become a High Achiever. While you face competition for your dream job, there are actually only a few, if any, truly high achieving competitors.
Your dream job is within your grasp, all it takes is for you to become a High Achiever.
Good luck and please download any tips and advice on this page that may help you in your job hunting. If you do not see a job which appeals to you, submit your CV on the button below.
In addition to filling vacancies for our clients, we occasionally ‘market out’ candidates who have qualifications which are appealing to the current market. Please submit your CV for consideration.
As your recruitment agency, we want to help you with your job hunt. We provide eBooks and career advice free for you to download.
If you fit the following criteria, please submit your CV: