The Institute of Public Administration Australia WA is the professional association for those involved in the public service, academia and the not-for-profit sector in WA. We deliver over 200 high quality, professional training programs and events annually. We are a small, not-for-profit organisation with a great team culture and enjoy working in a busy environment with flexible working arrangements. We are located on the main campus of Murdoch University. For more information visit www.wa.ipaa.org.au.
One of our key roles is to develop, coordinate, deliver and review professional development for the public sector.
The Role Requirements:
The Training and Organisational Development Manager is responsible for the management and successful delivery of IPAA WA’s Public Training and In Agency program. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Training Administration Officer and Training Administration Assistant
- Managing the relationships with facilitators of our workshops
- Developing and managing the program schedule
- Reporting to the CEO and Council
- Working with new and existing facilitators to develop the public program
- Working with public sector department contacts to develop organisational programs tailored to their learning and development needs.
Central to your success in this role are strong planning and organisational skills, and exceptional attention to detail. It is important that the Training Manager commence with professional development, program or event management experience. An understanding of or experience working within the public sector, while not essential, is desirable. You will have demonstrated ability to work autonomously within a team environment and have been involved in working with budgets.
- Experience in professional development, program (or event) management
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent administrative skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience or understanding of responding to official requests (eg writing proposals, tender requests, requests for quotes, submissions, official reports etc)
- High level of IT skills – Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- An understanding of the public sector environment
- Experience managing a team and/or individuals.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A professional outlook
- High level of customer service focus
- Confidence in responding to client queries face to face, via online meetings, phone and email
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs.
All applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than two pages) and your CV. Applications close by 5pm Wednesday, 10th of January.
If you would like a job description or would like more information, please email the Office Manager at [email protected].