About the Company:
Our client, Ampac, a Halma Company, believes there is no greater responsibility than the protection of human life. Their purpose is to prevent loss of life and catastrophic damage caused by fire. Always.
They're on a mission to provide the most effective fire detection and evacuation solutions in the industry. They want our customers to feel confident knowing they are partnered with an industry expert providing them with a system that will save lives and minimise the damage caused by a fire.
Reporting to the Principal Hardware Engineer, the role of a Hardware Engineer will involve architecture design; board level, analogue & digital, electronics design; debugging; design verification and documentation; compliance testing and manufacturing / production support. Writing of low-level drivers for micro-controller-based systems.
To succeed in this role the candidate will need to be experienced in electronic product development and have a track record of successfully delivering complex embedded products.
It is a pre-requisite that the candidate possesses the necessary experience included in the following criteria, to be considered for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge in analogue and digital electronics
- Experience with CAD based schematic and PCB layout tools
- Experience with micro-controller based embedded systems
- Some programming experience
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Altium Designer schematic & PCB CAD experience
- Software programming experience in ‘C’
- Experience in EMC testing and fault finding
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Experience with production and/or test engineering support
- Experience in Fire Detection & Emergency Warning Systems
To apply please click ‘APPLY’ and attached a copy of your cover letter and resume. Please note that only people with the right to work in Australia should apply for this position.